Some of the most frequently asked questions are answered here.
For more than 40 years, ZucoraHome has been helping to create happy homes and healthy families. With almost 2 million plan holders, we maintain, repair and replace household covered items.
In Canada, the term “Home Warranty” often refers to a plan that is generally provided by home builders for new homes. A Home Warranty typically provides protection against defects in work and materials as well as major structural defects. To avoid confusion, the term “Home Service Plan” is used to describe a service agreement that covers major household products such as furniture, appliances and home systems.
A homeowner’s insurance policy generally provides coverage that repairs or rebuilds your home for unexpected events that cause damange such fire, smoke, a falling tree, or other events caused by weather such as lightning, wind, hail, fires or other natural disasters. Some policies also cover loss of personal property due to theft or vandalism. However, unlike a home service plan, a homeowner’s insurance policy does not cover everyday breakdowns or failure of your home furnishings, major appliances or essential home systems resulting from normal wear and tear. A Smarter Living Plan covers the cost of repair or replacement for most product failures.
A Smarter Living Plan from ZucoraHome offers a wide range of coverage for multiple items in your home should they become accidentally damaged or fail to function due to normal wear and tear. A few reasons why you should consider a Smarter Living Plan:
- Broad coverage. Plans are available for home furnishings, major appliances and home systems.
- Experience. For more than 40 years, ZucoraHome has been helping Canadian families protect their homes and their budgets.
- Service. We believe in finding solutions by using manufacturer-approved parts and qualified technicians to provide repair services fast.
- Replacement. If we can’t fix your covered item, we will work with you and our Retailer partners to find a suitable replacement.
While your Smarter Living Plan provides protection for Covered Items that are accidentally damaged or wear out from normal use, we do not cover any products that fail or breakdown due to neglect, misuse, abuse or where previously damaged or not functioning prior to your Agreement becoming effective. Non-mechanical parts, consumable items (e.g. batteries, light bulbs, etc.) that aren’t related to the primary function of a covered item are not included for coverage by the plan.
- Contact us 24/7 by submitting your Service Request online at any time at request.zucorahome.com
- We will review your Service Request and if required, we will arrange for a qualified technician to respond to your request at a time that is convenient for you. All you pay is a $75.00 Trade Service Fee and your Smarter Living Plan covers the cost of repair, parts and labour.
- Once your item has been repaired, we will follow up with you to ensure your satisfaction.
- If we deem it necessary to replace the covered item, we will arrange with you to find a suitable replacment.
Through our national network of qualified service technicians, we deliver professional, timely and expert service when you need a product repair.
Following review of your Service Request, one our professional service technicians will contact you to arrange a convenient time to visit and provide your product repair. In some cases, it may be necessary to obtain a replacement part which may require a return visit to complete the product repair.
To ensure our Smarter Living Members receive the highest quality service and professional repairs from qualified technicians, we are not able to approve or reimburse for work performed by an outside service technician or work performed without our authorization.